Monday, March 17, 2014

Daily Insights from my Life #20

So in Doctrine and Covenants 33:8-9, it states: "Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness. yea, open your mouths and spare not, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your backs, for lo, I am with you."

For Doctrine and Covenants 33:8, there is a footnote that leads you to 2 Nephi 1:27-28 in The Book of Mormon. Verse 27 reads, "And it must needs be that the power of God must be with him, even unto his commanding you that ye must obey. But behold, it was not he, but it was the Spirit of the Lord which was in him, which opened his mouth to utterance that he could not shut it."

Now as I read these verses I felt inspired to share what I learned as a daily insight on my blog. There are times in my life and in our lives that we might be inspired to talk to someone. It can be just to start up a friendship or to share the gospel with a friend. God teaches us through the scriptures I just quoted that if we open our mouths as we were inspired to do, the Spirit will fill our mouths, minds, and hearts with the words God wants us to say. If we do that, he promises us blessings and joy (sheaves upon our backs) in our life. We will most possibly touch the hearts of the people we talk to. I can testify that I know that this is true. If we have the faith and courage to following those promptings, I know we can receive blessings (sheaves upon our backs).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.