Saturday, March 8, 2014

Daily Insights from my Life #17

For an online class of mine, I had to respond to this question. We read a talk this week in that class about tolerance. Here is a link to the talk: Tolerance, the Beginning of Christlike Love

Do you think that mercy and tolerance are synonymous? If yes, how? If no, how are they different?

I believe in a way they are. Mercy to me can be when we see those who are struggling and strive to help them through their struggles. Tolerance is in a way the same thing as we practice tolerance of who others are. That tolerance grows to compassion, and then that compassion and Christ-like love grows to a point where we feel we should reach out and help them if they need it. It can lead to loving our fellow men and serving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.