Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ender's Game

 

This is my second movie review. It is one of the ones y'all selected in my poll. "Ender's Game" the film was made after a novel by Orson Scott Card (which I recently read again). It is a story of a young boy who is trained to lead an army against a species that have warred with humans in the past. It is a story of a young boy and the struggles he has on doing what is asked of him. He is stretched to his limits. I really enjoyed this film. It doesn't directly go along with the book (like most book films), but it follows it close enough that it didn't ruin the viewing experience for me. There is fighting, some sci-fi action, and some crude language. There is also one shot of a young boy of just his chest and head. 

I think all who have read the book will enjoy this film, and I believe those who haven't read it will also enjoy it. You can see throughout the movie the internal struggles Ender faces, and that for me is one thing that makes it a great movie.

If you haven't read the book, I suggest you should. Also, if you like that one, you can read the other three in the series. They follow the life of Ender, the struggles he faces, and the peace he finds. I have written some posts about them under Book Recommendations.

The summary below comes from imdb.com: Ender's Game

Young Ender Wiggin is recruited by the International Military to lead the fight against the Formics, a genocidal alien race which nearly annihilated the human race in a previous invasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.