Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Importance of Being Earnest


"The Importance of Being Earnest" is a romantic comedy that my wife enjoys. It is about two friends who both take on the alternate name of Ernest and gets into some comedic trouble with the women they like. It is one I enjoy too. It is fun for me to see the friendship between the two guys and how the two women they like bond. Then, there is the aunt of one of the guys who adds the antagonistic-type role. During the movie she is watchful over her daughter (one of the woman) in making sure she marries and husband that meets the aunt's approval. Personally this film doesn't reach out to me as others since it is a romantic film, but I do enjoy how the guys learn a lesson of the consequences of lying.

Overall I think this is a good movie for couples (husbands and wives) to watch. I don't think I would want my kids to watch it because of a couple things. There is a scene near the beginning where one of the women that the guys like had a classical painting in her book with a nude woman. It's just like all those other classical paintings that have nude bodies in them. The other thing is that you see a section of a woman's rear end with a tattoo on it. It's a close-up of the tattoo. There is also some kissing/sexual innuendo, but I don't think it is so bad that this film should be rated PG-13 instead of PG (which is what this film is rated...for mild sensuality). There is also some smoking/drinking and one offensive word (it's not a bad swear word). Here is a parent's guide link, so that you can see for yourself what I'm saying.

Overall I would give this movie a 4-star rating out of 5 stars. It was a very enjoyable film that I believe you will all like. The movie stars Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Frances O'Connor, and Reese Witherspoon.

This is the imdb.com website for the film: Earnest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.