Monday, June 9, 2014

Daily Insights from my Life #26

Yesterday while I was in the library at church fulfilling my calling as ward librarian, I was studying the Sunday School lesson that our ward was teaching. It is the story of Samuel, Eli, and Eli's sons. As I was reading 1 Samuel 3, the Holy Ghost emphasized in my heart some things that Samuel learned.

First of all, Samuel was ready to obey when called. In 1 Samuel 3:4 and other verses in that chapter, I loved how as the Lord called him, Samuel always said, "Here am I." He was ready.

In relation to that, in verse 9 through 10, Eli taught Samuel that if the Lord calls him again, that Samuel should answer "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth."

I love the righteous example Samuel gave of being willing to listen and obey. Sometimes we can all find ourselves unwilling to listen to something the Lord wants us to hear and do, but I know that if I open up my heart, be humble, and be willing to obey, I will hear the Lord's voice. I know that blessings will come as I listen and obey...go and do the things which the Lord commands me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.