Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The House of Hades

The House of Hades


I recommend this book, "The House of Hades". This book is the fourth book in Rick Riordan's "The Heroes of Olympus" series. I talked about the series in the recommendation post I wrote a couple of days ago about the third book, "The Mark of Athena". To see that recommendation, click on this link, The Mark of Athena, or go to the tabs up above and look under "Recommended Books". 

"The House of Hades" continues along the journeys of the demigods mention in the "The Mark of Athena" post as they continue to try to stop Gaea from waking up to destroy the world. One of the big things I love about this book (and as I mentioned before in the other post) and with all his other books in this series is that he is able to not only do very well at switching between different characters' viewpoints without breaking the continuity of the story, but he also is able to have amazing character development. In "The Mark of Athena", he expanded from 3 viewpoints to 4 viewpoints. In "The House of Hades", he expands to 6 viewpoints, and in my opinion, he does a really great job of it. I don't want to give any specific examples in case I give spoilers away.

This book, as I mentioned with the other book of his, is full of romance, adventure, mythology, fantasy, and plenty of non-stop action. Just when you think events are going to calm down, Riordan pulls you in with another dilemma or something like that.

I recommend this book to all teenagers, young adults, and adults. The only thing I dislike about this book is that as I mentioned in "The Mark of Athena", "The only thing I dislike about it is that Riordan had them say a version of saying God's name in vain. Instead of referring to God, they refer to Greek or Roman Gods. That rarely happens though." That only happens like 3 times or less. There is also one male character who says he had a crush a while ago on another main male character, but he says that he is over it. I don't think that was necessary of Rick Riordan to put in there, but it is there.

So overall, I give this book a 4 out of 5-star rating! I really like how Riordan writes. He does a great job with maintaining character development with multiple characters without breaking up the continuity of the storyline.

As I mentioned in "The Mark of Athena", the summary of goodreads.com has spoilers from the previous books so for those who haven't read any before this book, I will not put the summary here. If you want to read it, click on the title link at the very beginning of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.