Thursday, June 19, 2014

X-Men (2000)


"X-Men" (made in 2000) is the first of many X-Men films. It is centered around two mutants who find their way to Xavier's school for mutants. The mutants face opposition from all other humans because they are feared. The two mutants end up helping the X-Men, a group of mutants Xavier has brought together, to stop another group of mutants who have more evil plans. 

"X-Men" has some crude language, including some sexual banter between two of the mutants. There is plenty of action and violence. I wouldn't let my kids watch it until they are at least 15 or so. One of the female mutants kisses a guy near the beginning of the movie, and one other female mutant's entire body is covered in a type of blue scales and no clothes. No private areas of hers are seen. Overall this film is rate PG-13 for sci-fi action violence. Here is the parental guide.

I would recommend this film for all adults. I advise not allowing your kids to watch until they are at least 13, but it is up to you. I personally think that this is the best of the first three X-Men films. One reason why I like this film is because of the character development of the two new mutants and how they eventually feel like they are part of the team and belong at Xavier's school. It has a good plot line too in regards to the conflict the X-Men have to face in Magneto and the mutants who follow him. I don't really care for the other two. I hope y'all enjoy it. I think people who love X-Men will like this film the most, but others will too.

I rate it a 4 out of 5 stars.

Imdb.com has this as the film's summary:
Two mutants come to a private academy for their kind whose resident superhero team must oppose a terrorist organization with similar powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.