Thursday, July 3, 2014

4ofJuly#5 Daily Insights from my Life #38

For today's post I will briefly talk about the symbolism of our nation's colors red, white, and blue.

Here's some interesting history about them. They weren't given a meaning of symbolism when they were placed in our flag when it was adopted in 1777. They were at that time just retained from their former mother country, Great Britain. When the Great Seal of the United States was created in 1782, that's when they were given symbolism.

"Red, hardiness and valour"
"Blue...vigilance, perseverance and justice"
"White signifies purity and innocence,"

The colors of our nation symbolize some virtues that we all need to remember. Hardiness and valour are needed to keep us strong, so that we do not become lazy in our days. Vigilance and perseverance are needed so that we do not fail in keeping ourselves in the path of doing those things we know we should be doing. Purity and innocence help remind us that above all, we need to try to do the right things. To me purity and innocence means I need to strive to always do what I believe God wants me to do. That is what those symbols mean to me.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.