Friday, December 12, 2014

Star Wars Episode VII - Teaser Trailer Thoughts

I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on the teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens.


I love the footage they included in the trailer. I love how they introduced some of the new characters to the franchise, had amazing footage of x-wing fighters and the Millennium Falcon, and the shots of the stormtroopers in the transport-type vehicle. The thing that was a little sad was that there wasn't any footage of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, or Leia, but I'm sure they will be in the next trailer or something. I'm excited to see how the new characters fit in to the Star Wars Universe, and I'm excited to learn about the plot of the movie.

In addition, recently J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm released some "trading cards" to go along with the teaser trailer. There are names of the new characters in the trailer revealed on the cards. I have the cards down below. They are fun, classic-looking cards focusing on each video clip from the trailer. I have wrote a little under each one.

With the teaser trailer and these trading cards revealed, I'm sincerely and officially teased. I am very excited to see what else they release to us as the film premiere date gets closer and closer.


When I saw this droid, BB-8, I automatically think of R2-D2 and C-3PO. I feel that BB-8 will have a similar role in this trilogy of as they did in previous films. It is unknown yet how much we'll see of R2-D2 and C-3PO in this new film, but I'm sure we will see them.


One thing that was brought up in a YouTube video I saw about these cards was that Finn doesn't have a last name here like in other characters on cards below. I believe that that is because it is a familiar last name that will be revealed later. It will be exciting to see who Finn fits into the film.


My personal opinion is that this is a new villain. I read or hear somewhere online of what it might mean that the Force is awakening. I agree with them that the force awakening means that the dark side of the force might be showing itself for the first time since "The Return of the Jedi" (the last Star Wars movie). Also, with the lightsaber, I've read some things where people don't like the lightsaber design here, but when you think about it, it might be that this character built this lightsaber to fit his fighting style and personality. It's been done like that in the past.


Not much to say here except it's my favorite clip from the trailer. I love the detail on the Millennium Falcon and the angles of it flying across the desert. The CGI looks amazing. 


This clip was my second favorite clip in the trailer. The x-wings flying across the body of water is some sweet CGI effects. It's a beautiful shot.


The three shots of these stormtroopers in what I'm guessing is a transport-type vehicle were also neat. They have a new armor design that looks sweet, and it just makes me excited to see more modern-day film shots of these and many other things in the Star Wars universe.


Like with Finn on a card above, Rey's last name is probably one that is well-known among Star Wars fans, so they will probably release her last name later. I love the shot of her on her speeder, and I'm excited to see what role she has to play in the film.


Let's just say that the helmet design is sweet. This shot makes me excited to learn more about this new character, Poe Dameron. I also love that they still have the rebels symbol (it is on his helmet).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.