Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks


Last night, my wife and I watched this film, Saving Mr. Banks, after getting it through the mail from Netflix. We liked it. It is an excellent feel-good film. Saving Mr. Banks is a film about how Walt Disney, the great man who helped create many classic movies, strives to transform P.L. Travers' book, Mary Poppins, into a film. P.L. Travers faces challenging times as she doesn't want Hollywood and Disney to take the story of Mary Poppins from her. She also remembers throughout the film her childhood memories with her family and the struggles they went through. Walt Disney strives to make the film, Mary Poppins, a reality. As I watched the film I felt the sadness and happiness of Mrs. Travers' childhood, and I felt the struggles that Walt Disney had. This film stars Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks, and Annie Rose Buckley.

I think this film overall is a good movie to watch, especially for all of you who have seen the film, Mary Poppins. I think Saving Mr. Banks will help you love the film even more than before. I think that at least most of you will like it as much as my wife and I did. I think this film does a good job on portraying the emotions and experiences that P.L. Travers had. I also believe that Tom Hanks does a fantastic job with portraying Walt Disney. I loved watching him act.

According to imdb.com, this film is rated PG-13 for thematic elements including some unsettling images. There is a little bit of swearing. This is the link for the Parents Guide. Parents should go to this link, so that they can see if they want their children to see this film. 

At IMDB.com, the summary for this film is:

Author P.L. Travers reflects on her childhood after reluctantly meeting with Walt Disney, who seeks to adapt her Mary Poppins books for the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.