Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier


Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger and following the events of the film, Marvel's The Avengers, is a focus on Captain America/Steve Rogers' integration into our modern day. He works for the organization, S.H.I.E.L.D. He faces challenges and viewers get to view how he faces those challenges. He is joined by Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff, Nick Fury, Falcon/Sam Wilson, and one of his main adversaries, the Winter Soldier. This film stars Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, and Scarlett Johansson. Don't forget to stay after the credits at the end of the film to see two extra scenes.

My wife and I got to watch it in theaters one week after it was released in the United States. We liked it. It was too intense for Julie so it's not one of her favorite films in the world, but I really enjoyed it. I loved the amount of action, etc, that was involved. I also loved the character development of the main characters Captain America, Black Widow, the Winter Soldier, etc. I enjoy seeing Captain America face the challenges and succeed in overcoming them. I also love the feel of a political thriller.  This parental guide link will be able to let you parents know what is included in the film/why it is rated the way it is. The film was rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, gunplay and action throughout. There is a little bit of bad language in it, but it is not enough for me to take away from how good this film is.

At IMDB.com, the summary for this film is:

Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.