Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Dad is Called Again as Bishop

So two weeks ago on the 13th of April, my dad was released as Bishop of the Blackfoot Fifth Ward. Then, after the church meetings, the Blackfoot Fifth Ward was dissolved and spread out between three other existing wards (14th, 10th, and 3rd). The reason this happened is because all four of these wards have had trouble with increasing membership. The Fifth Ward would receive new members/converts and then others would move out, so the numbers never increased. They remained the same.

My dad was then called to be Bishop of the newly reorganized Blackfoot Third Ward.

It was tough to see the ward I and my siblings grew up in be dissolved. A lot of great memories come from that ward. It was hard for others from the ward too.

So the big events in this post are that my dad was released from being bishop of the Fifth Ward, the Fifth Ward was dissolved between three other wards, and my dad was newly called as bishop of the Third Ward (one of the other three wards).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.