Friday, May 9, 2014

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl


Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is the first of 4 current Pirates of the Caribbean films. It is probably my favorite. It, I think, is a great representation of the ride (which is from what I remember what Disney was trying to do), and it has some great characters. It is centered around a pirate, "Captain" Jack Sparrow. The audience finds by the end of the movie that even though he is a pirate, he can still be trusted. That's what Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan found out in the end. 

I recommend this film to everyone...especially to those who love the ride at Disneyland/world and/or who love pirate films. The love story involved is also a good one.

IMDB.com's summary for the movie is:

Blacksmith Will Turner teams up with eccentric pirate "Captain" Jack Sparrow to save his love, the governor's daughter, from Jack's former pirate allies, who are now undead.

This film is rated PG-13 for action/adventure violence. It includes a few swear words, skeletons, sword/gun shooting, and immodest dresses. Here is the link to the Parent's Guide from imdb.com: Parent's Guide. I advise y'all to look at these when I put them on my movie reviews. They give a pretty good accurate description of why the movie was rated the way it was.

4-Star Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.