Sunday, May 4, 2014

Daily Insights from my Life #24

BYU-Idaho Devotional
Conditioning our Hearts and Minds to Receive Personal Revelation
Brother J. D. Griffith
Managing Director, Pathway

Helaman 10:5

So this last week I went to devotional here at BYU-Idaho, and it was a talk that was really inspiring for me. I'm going to share some things from it.

Brother Griffith counseled us that each of us must stay in condition to receive personal revelation. he mentioned three specific things that we each should do in order to stay conditioned. We need to 1. Strengthen our personal worthiness, 2. Act when called upon, and 3. Submit to the will of the Lord. With personal worthiness the thing that hit the most was to not be past feeling. We musn't harden our hearts so much that like Laman and Lemuel in the Book of Mormon we are past feeling. Most of the time we will feel the Lord's words other than hearing them. Dealing with acting when called upon, I really liked what he said that we need to begin with prayer and then act. Prayer is an essential part of the conditioning process. Lastly he said that we need to faithfully submit to the will of the Lord. We can't be casual about it. We need to faithfully do it.

I really loved this talk. At first I didn't want to go, but the Spirit was telling me through feelings that I should go. I'm really happy that I did.

At the end he shared a way to recondition ourselves every day. When you write in your journal at night, document when during the day did you feel the Spirit or receive a spiritual prompting. Look for patterns in you life that reveal a closeness to the Spirit. I challenge everyone who reads this to try to do this. I will certainly strive to do it too.

https://web.byui.edu/devotionalsandspeeches/#/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.