Tuesday, March 12, 2019

To The Black Hills

One of my favorite vacations with my parents and siblings was going to the Black Hills in South Dakota.

The summer after my mission, we camped at the Black Hills and saw sites like Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, and one of the nearby caves along with some amazing wildlife :)

I loved seeing all that with my family and having quality recreational fun together. My dad regularly took us camping and on annual vacations during which we enjoyed time together and created memories

Image result for black hills
Source: http://www.theblackhills.com/

Some of my favorite memories from that trip:

  • Waking up early in the morning reading a book outside my parents' trailer with my dad.
  • Seeing Mount Rushmore with my family. The size of the monument was breathtaking.
  • Visiting the Crazy Horse Memorial along with it's museum. Learning of the native americans who call that their mother home.
  • Going on hikes and admiring the wildlife with my family.
Those hills are a beautiful sight to see, and I'm grateful that I had the chance to go with my family to see them. My goal is take my own wife and children there one day to my kids the same beauty that I loved seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.