Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Thoughts on the MCU

I'm going to share a few of my thoughts on the Marvel Studios' Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)!

#1 has and might always will be The Avengers. I don't know what it is but every movie since has not lived up to it. The might and power that happens when 6 heroes are brought together to save the Earth is done very well in that film. Avengers: Age of Ultron and Avengers: Infinity War are good films but are not as well-done as the original.

The character developments they have accomplished through strings of films is great as well (#2). What they have done is unprecedented. As far as I've seen, no one else has been able to do what Marvel Studios has been able to do. They have taken a variety of directors with different types of films and heroes and meshed them into a 20-film continuous story. DC/Warner Brothers has tried but have not succeeded like Marvel. I think they tried to push too soon. I hear their movies are getting better, so I'm interested to see the direction they go. Sure there can be little flaws in the flow of the MCU but they are not things that bother me nor do I go looking for. I enjoy the Universe for what it is.

Some films are definitely as good for me as others in the MCU, but I still regard them as well-done films.

One last thing I wanted to talk about was how cleaner the MCU movies are compared to many other films out there. They do have some foul language but minimal compared to alot of other stuff you'll see.

I'm excited to see "Captain Marvel" hopefully this weekend. The trailers themselves show what should be an exciting ride. If I have time, I'll quickly share my thoughts on this blog afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.