Monday, October 13, 2014

Additional BYU Football News

I wanted to post some quotes from an article I read just the other day. I really enjoyed the article.

"Two weeks later, consecutive losses to Utah State and Central Florida - and the injuries suffered in those games - have turned BYU’s dream season into a nightmare.
The second half of the season begins Saturday when BYU plays host to Nevada (3-3) at LaVell Edwards Stadium (8:15 p.m. MDT, ESPN2).
It would be hard to find a two-game stretch in the 10-year Mendenhall era that has seen so many Cougars suffer such significant health setbacks.
"They are unified and they are tough," Mendenhall said after the 31-24 overtime loss at UCF when asked to describe the morale of his team. "They are determined, and they want to improve. They will be [eager] to play again, just like they were tonight. That’s what I learned this evening, and I am looking forward to coaching them again. I am disappointed we lost the game, but I liked watching my team play tonight." " [Mendenhall is Head Coach Bronco Mendenhall]

"It’s not just the number of injuries that have destroyed some lofty hopes this season, it is who is sustaining them. The injuries have grounded BYU’s best players."

""I am sure there is always an opportunity to lay blame in a loss, but I am going to resist that with myself, my coaches and players, and look at this as an opportunity [for other players to gain experience and improve]," Anae said." [Anae refers to the offensive coordinator, Robert Anae]

Here is the link where the full article is located.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/58513799-77/byu-game-injuries-season.html.csp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.