Monday, October 13, 2014

A Hole in Heaven's Gate

A Hole in Heaven's Gate


This is another book by the author who wrote "Dinner Party" (my earlier review). In this short story, a boy finds himself attracted towards the city paradise. He just doesn't seem to fit in among all of the people dwelling in the city called hell. When he sneaks into paradise in order to "give...some character" to those who dwell there, he finds that there is a peace there his soul longs for. 

One thing I really enjoyed about this story was the character development of the boy. It was an insightful thing to read, and an interesting change to experience through his eyes and thoughts. He travels down a path, with the help of a special someone, that ultimately brings him to peace and happiness...filling a spot in his soul he probably didn't know needed filling. Then there was also a bit of character development with his friend too that I found neat. I also enjoyed the spiritual aspect, which I partly mentioned before with the character development. Christ desires with all of His heart that we can all join him in paradise and feel of his eternal and enfolding love. If we open our hearts, listen to His voice, and follow him, we, like the boy in the book, will feel peace, a sense of belonging, and a fullness of joy.

There were only a couple of things that were negative about this story. First of all there were a bit of grammatical errors found in the writing. The other is that a few times the use of the word, "hell", was offensive for me. Otherwise this story was spiritually-inspiring and definite great read.

Overall I would give this book a 4-star rating out of 5.

The book can be found in an ebook format at Amazon.com. Here is the link: A Hole in Heaven's Gate

The summary on goodreads.com for this book is an excerpt from the book:
“So you’re saying, you’ve broke in there, and messed with people, and nothing happened?” 
“Yeah! It was awesome!” 
“Hmmm… I don’t know. I can’t imagine you could even get a good reaction out of the good ol’ emotionless prigs.” 
“Yes, but that’s the funny part, I think I can break them down, and give them some character.” 
At that he just laughed, “oh Alan.” 
“What” I questioned. 
“So you’re trying to break into paradise to give the people there more character?” 
“No! Of course not. You were just saying it would be impossible to get a reaction out of them.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.