Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not

This is short, spiritually-uplifting, and inspiring book based off a sermon that an LDS leader, Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave in an LDS General Relief Society meeting. In it Dieter F Uchtdorf points out five things we must not forget. The flower, the forget-me-not, is one that you can forget even though it is so beautiful. Each of the five things corresponds to the one of the five petals of the flower. The five things (which you can read in the goodreads.com summary below) are five things that if we don't forget to do, will give us fulfillment, peace, and joy.

When I read this book, I learned that I could improve on following those five things. At those times when I do remember them, I find that I have more peace and fulfillment in my own life. I know you will to.

One thing I especially love about this book is how personal Dieter F. Uchtdorf is. He understands what a big difference the five things will make in our lives if we remember them and not forget. Because of that, I feel that this is a book that is worth anyone's time to read. It doesn't take very long, and the time you take to read it will definitely being some very well-spent time. There is nothing I find that is not good about this inspiring book.

Therefore after I pondered on how to rate this book overall, I wholeheartedly give it a 5-star rating

The summary from goodreads.com is:
Inspired by the five petals of the tiny forget-me-not flower, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf reminds us of five things we will be wise to never forget:

To be patient with ourselves
To distinguish between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
To be happy now
To focus on the “why” of the gospel
To know that the Lord loves each of us infinitely.

I hope y'all enjoy this book as much as I did. It is mainly directed towards women, but it can equally be inspiring for men too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.