Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Daily Insights from My Life #7 (An Insight From My Personal Scripture Study #7)

I will actually start renaming the posts in this series to "Daily Insights from My Life". The reason why is because I've been finding insights not only from my scripture study but also from other sources. For example, the insight for this post is from a book I am reading.

As you can see on the right side of my blog, I am reading Stephen R. Covey's book, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" In the first section of his book, he talks about paradigm shifts. He says, "Perhaps the most important o be gained from the perception demonstration is in the area of paradigm shifting, what we might call the "Aha!" experience when someone finally "sees" [something] in the way. The more bound a personal is by the initial perception, the more powerful "Aha!"experience is. It's as though a light were suddenly turned on inside...whether they shift us in positive or negative directions, whether they are instantaneous or developmental, paradigm shifts move us from one way of seeing the world to another. And those shifts create powerful change. Our paradigms, correct or incorrect, are the sources of our attitudes and behaviors, and ultimately our relationships with others." (pages 29-30).

I really love that concept. I think in my own life of one major paradigm shift in my life. When I gained a testimony of my own that I am a child of a loving Heavenly Father. Ever since I made that shift, my life has changed dramatically for the positive good.

I think all of us has experienced some type of paradigm shift in our lives. Thank you for reading this post. I felt strongly about this insight I gained, and I felt like sharing it with all of my friends and family.

If you would like to leave a comment on this post or send me an email about how you feel about this insight, feel free to do so. If you want my email, just comment on this post and ask for it.

Have a great day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.