Thursday, October 4, 2012

Choice 1: 1 Corinthians 4:2, 9-17; 8:9-13. The Impact of Example

According to 1 Corinthians 4:2, the thing that is required in stewards is that they are faithful.

In 1 Corinthians 4:9-17, the group that was specifically selected to be examples as stewards were the apostles. The apostles had a great opportunity to be an example to all the met in faith, service, charity, humility, and hope. Without that example, the Church wouldn’t have grown as it did.

The next question I will answer will be does being a good example apply to more than the group of apostles. The answer is yes. The saints of the Church…the members…must also be good examples to those who are not believers of the resurrected Jesus Christ.

I then read Alma 39:11-12 which talks about when Alma the younger was talking to his son, Corianton, about his bad example he had in front of the Zoramites. The Zoramites were not believing what they taught because they saw the example of Corianton. They saw that he was doing what he taught. So, it is not enough just to know what is right. We have to do what is right or else others will see our bad examples and not believe what we teach them about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

The last thing that I will address is taken from 3 Nephi 8:1. There was a “just man” talked about in that verse who could perform many miracles. He was viewed as a just man by those who witnessed his example. If we live what we know, we be able to perform miracles (miracles in various ways) and be viewed as a “just” man or woman by others. They will see us as ones who live what we know and believe. I know that as long as I strive to do this, I will not have to worry about others viewing me a bad person. I will be able to gain more respect from those who see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my posts. Leave any thoughts, suggestions, or questions that you may have.